"Stand like Daniel, that faithful statesman, a man whom no temptation could corrupt."
The format of lessons 14-21 are to give you an inspired quote, and then some food for thought. The main goal is to carefully read the quote, and think about the things highlighted in the thought question. May God bless you in your journey today.
- What did Daniel do 3times a day?
- 1 Thessalonians 5:16- 18Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
- Please take some time to do the same and put it in your schedule.
Remember that being tempted is not a sin. Choosing to follow or do what the temptation is telling you is sin. That is the choice that we have! We need to take our "stand" on the side of God.
- 1 Corinthians 10:13There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
"Do not disappoint Him who so loved you that He gave His own life to cancel your sins."
- Do you really believe that Jesus has feelings? Does he care about you? Is he indifferent of what is going on in your life?
- 1 Peter 5:7Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
- Isaiah 49:15,16Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.
- Psalm 103:3-5Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.
When we fall, it is like putting Jesus in open shame, like when he was on the cross. Why?
- Because He has provided everything for us to win and we choose to fail.
- Hebrews 6:6If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. Do you really believe that your sins are "canceled", erased, gone, when you confess them?
Have you ever felt the suggestions of Satan, telling you how bad you are and that your case is hopeless?
- Micah 7:19He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.
- Isaiah 1:18Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land: But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.
Setting up your prayer life
[ ] Start by adding God as your heavenly father.
[ ] Write 3 things that you are thankful for.
[ ] Now, write 3 or more things that you would like God to help you with. Remember that God has unlimited power, but he will not give that which will hurt you. Ask that His will be done and not yours.
[ ] Please kneel in a comfortable spot, if possible, read your 3 things that you are thankful for and closing your eyes, tell them to God. Talk to God like a friend, respectfully, telling him all that is in your mind.
[ ] Now, you can open your eyes, and tell God the things that you need help with.
[ ] Finish by asking these things in Jesus's name.