The format of lessons 14-21 are to give you an inspired quote, and then some food for thought. The main goal is to carefully read the quote, and think about the things highlighted in the thought question. May God bless you in your journey today.
"Let nothing hinder you. Fate has not woven its meshes about any human being so firmly that he need remain helpless and in uncertainty."
- The devil will use anything to hinder you.
- Is there anything stopping you from following Christ to the fullest, is all areas of your life? If so, cut it off, whatever it is!
- Matthew 18:8-9: Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire. And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.
- Friends, God has a beautiful heaven for us to enjoy eternally, let us not choose to lose the eternal for this mortal life and world!
"Opposing circumstances should create a firm determination to overcome them."
DETERMINATION: a quality that makes you continue trying to do or achieve something that is difficult. --Merriam-Webster
- As strength is acquired by exercise, so is determination created by opposition.
- Make sure that you follow God's will, and the example of Jesus
- Matthew 11:29: Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
"The breaking down of one barrier will give greater ability and courage to go forward."
- Don't miss this point! this is a step by step process... no magic here
- As you gain the victory in one, God will grant you strength to gain victory for the next.
- Do not worry as to how this is all going to be worked out, concentrate at what you have in the present, God will take care of the future.
- Matthew 6:34: Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
"Press with determination in the right direction, and circumstances will be your helpers, not your hindrances."
PRESS: 1: to act upon through steady pushing or thrusting force exerted in contact
- We need to "press" forward. It will not be easy, but God is on your side! • Romans 8:31,32: What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
- Ask God for wisdom in how to use your current circumstance as helpers and not blockers.
- James 1:5-7: If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
"Be ambitious, for the Master's glory, to cultivate every grace of character."
AMBITION: an ardent desire for rank, fame, or power, desire to achieve a particular end,
- Think BIG! There is not limit to God. The issue is that we don't really believe God's promises. We do not take God seriously.
- Malachi 3:10....Prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
- Psalm 34:8O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.
- Nahum 1:7The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.
- James 4:2,3... yet ye have not, because ye ask not. Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts. "In every phase of your character building you are to please God."
- This is a progressive work, you are in the process of building your character, through your day to day choices. Take it one day at a time. "This you may do; for Enoch pleased Him though living in a degenerate age. And there are Enoch's in our day."
- My challenge: be one of those Enoch's living today! • Don't make your surroundings an excuse! Look unto Jesus, not the world.
- John 15:19If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
- John 17:15I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
Dealing with hindrances and obstacles
[ ] Write 3 simple steps that you will take to deal with this issue.
[ ] Did you include prayer in it? If so, when and how?
[ ] Did it include God's promises? If so, which ones?
[ ] Did it include time to reflect and strategies? If so, did you ask God for wisdom?
Dealing with disappointment and opposition from people
[ ] Write simple steps that you can take to deal with the issue.
[ ] Include prayer.
[ ] Include God's promises.
[ ] Remember the Golden rule (Matthew 7)
[ ] Did you include the elements found in your reading as part of your solution; determination, pressing forward, being ambitious for the master's glory,? Remember he is on your side!
[ ] Rely on God, instead of trying to solve the problem yourself.