"Remember that you will never reach a higher standard than you yourself set."
The format of lessons 14-21 are to give you an inspired quote, and then some food for thought. The main goal is to carefully read the quote, and think about the things highlighted in the thought question. May God bless you in your journey today.
What standards do you have?
- Do the people that you normally associate with, have the same standard as you, or higher?
- If not, please stop those associations, unless you are there as a missionary.
- Consider this: if you have not set your standards that you will live by.
- Timothy 1:16Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.
- Titus 2:6-8Young men likewise exhort to be sober minded. In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity, Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.
- Colossians 2:6-7As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
- 1 Peter 1:15: But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
- 1 John 2:6: He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked
- Hebrews 12:2: Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Choose the Word of God, as shown in the life of Jesus to be your standard today!
We need to set our mark high!
"Set your mark high, and step by step, even though it be by painful effort, by self-denial and sacrifice, ascend the whole length of the ladder of progress."
- We need a plan, something that we can follow, step by step. Do you have one? If not, please outline your goals and the steps to get there. Don't forget about your spiritual goals.
Choose what will be your standard of life
[ ] 1. Will you choose God and His Word, the Bible and Spirit of Prophecy Or...
[ ] 2. The wisdom of man, ultimately fashioned by Satan.
[ ] 3. Choose a Study plan: What will you study for your daily devotional?
- 1 Year Bible reading Plan
- 1 Year Conflict of the Ages reading plan
- Daily devotional from EGW's website
- Research why we do what we do, one question at a time
[ ] Add the chosen study to your daily schedule.