Research confirms fears about the impact of the internet on our Brains!
Here are the key points from the Article:
1) “In less than the span of a single childhood, Americans have merged with their machines, staring at a screen for at least eight hours a day, more time than we spend on any other activity including sleeping.”
2) “Texting has become like blinking: the average person, regardless of age, sends or receives about 400 texts a month, four times the 2007 number....And more than two thirds of these normal, everyday cyborgs, myself included, report feeling their phone vibrate when in fact nothing is happening.”
3) According to Pulitzer Prize-nominated expert Nicholas Carr, the Internet “leads to behavior that people are conscious is not in their best interest and does leave them anxious and does make them act compulsively.”
4) “Brains of Internet addicts, it turns out, look like the brains of drug and alcohol addicts.”
5) Web use is linked to loneliness, low moods and the loss of real-life friends: “The more a person hangs out in the global village, the worse they are likely to feel”.
Here is the link to the Article: